Reduced Engine Power, reducing my sanity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John Bragg

John Bragg

Reaction score
Awesome thank you for the info I appreciate it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I had a Rainer 5.3 I did a new throttle body and pigtail but had to redo pigtail because I did not soldier the connections the first time. I used heat shrink the first time and only lasted about six months. When I replace a sensor I almost always the pigtail if I can it is good insurance.

ncampion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You didn't mention when you are getting the reduced power event. On my 6.2 Denali I was seeing that and went through the replace all parts drill and still had the problem. Turns out it had low oil pressure when warm at idle. 113,000 miles and apparently some engines had accelerated cam bearing wear which caused a low oil pressure when hot situation and the ECU reduced power due to the low pressure. When cold or higher RPMs it was OK. New engine was the fix.

Schwartzint1

Reaction score
Ugh I was hoping to hop on here and see some magic fix. As the op I have also tried a number of fixes. New throttle body sensor at the dealer. New oem throttle body. New pedal sensor. Still getting codes like crazy. The dealer is a joke. Last time I brought it there they pulled it up to me with a check engine light on. That’s after they fixed it. My family mechanic has looked at it about eight times and says it’s not worth his time anymore. I’m thinking about taking it to one more shop, but after that it may get a for sale tag. Or set on fire ;) It’s a 2011 ssv Tahoe with the 5.3. I know your frustration.

OP
OP
John Bragg

John Bragg

Reaction score
If I could sell mine I would get rid of it and honestly go to something older and less computerized, nothing but a pain in the ass I love the vehicle as a whole probably ly one of the best I have ever owned but this issue and the headache and all the shit that has come along with it...I'm over it ugh

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
If I could sell mine I would get rid of it and honestly go to something older and less computerized, nothing but a pain in the ass I love the vehicle as a whole probably ly one of the best I have ever owned but this issue and the headache and all the shit that has come along with it...I'm over it ugh

If you have a cheap scanner, just clear the code. It should be fine, that's what I've been doing lately.

OP
OP
John Bragg

John Bragg

Reaction score
I've been dealing with this issues for a year and a half. I have a gut feeling it might be the ECM. Another wierd thing I have noticed is the driver seat forward and backward control is backwards now. My setting are on driver 2 my wife's settings still operate normally. I am so over electronics give me mechanical any day that I understand and don't need anything special to fix.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've been dealing with this issues for a year and a half. I have a gut feeling it might be the ECM. Another wierd thing I have noticed is the driver seat forward and backward control is backwards now. My setting are on driver 2 my wife's settings still operate normally. I am so over electronics give me mechanical any day that I understand and don't need anything special to fix.

I heard when the seat does that it's a bcm issue. I hear you about all the electronics, they are a pita.

Brisolle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious is the reduced engine power the sign that the Yukon is ready for the yard??? I have been fighting this issue for probably pushing 2 years now. I have put in mass air flow sensor, throttle body, throttle position sensor, accelerator position sensor, new plugs, new wires, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, and lastly a crankshaft position sensor. Yet still same damn problem popping up. Will this madness ever end? What else could be causing this very irritating and frustrating problem? It's a solid great vehicle and without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned, just this one nagging issue that won't go away...is there any help that doesn't involve dropping huge amounts of cash to the "stealership" to get it right. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. It's very much appreciated
I had the same problem with my 2004 GMC Yukon xl Denali. After spending beaucoup bucks replacing all of the above. I decided to clean (Unscrew the two ground wires that are on the frame right under the driver's side door (right where the split front the from front fender). I also unscrewed the ground wire behind the motor on the firewall. Problem fixed!!!