Reduced Engine power, Check Engine.. and other errors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know but mine is throwing the same codes.....but I think the reason is because I am putting too much amperage on the battery...what do you guys think??? I really need some help with this guys!!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know but mine is throwing the same codes.....but I think the reason is because I am putting too much amperage on the battery...what do you guys think??? I really need some help with this guys!!

Clean the throttle body first. Why do you suspect the Alternator?

03tahoe2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have 3 30amp relays for the hids and the power cable with an 80?amp fuse for the subs.....I just don't know what I'm doing wrong......I'm getting so frustrated im about to rip all of the wiring out and start new.....

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have 3 30amp relays for the hids and the power cable with an 80?amp fuse for the subs.....I just don't know what I'm doing wrong......I'm getting so frustrated im about to rip all of the wiring out and start new.....

Relax. One things has nothing to do with the other. It sounds like you're stressing yourself out. That never helps, trust me.

If you're in cold weather (and getting the "reduced engine power" issue), you need to clean the throttle body, because it's sticking. It has nothing to do with any wiring. If you have wiring issues, that's something different.

Disconnect the battery, clean the throttle body really well, re-connect the battery, fire it up. You should be good. Let me know.

buzzsaw714

Reaction score
The only times I had "reduce engine power" and lose all throttle response was right after my custom tune. I had to reset the timing and have a few things tweeked before it stopped doing it. i'd start there

KRAWSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have a pic, but it is on the side of the throttle pedal, when you order one you get the pedal and plug as an assembly.

Unless you have Adjustable Pedals. You can simply swap out the sensor. Non adjustable pedals are sold as an entire assembly with the pedal itself & cost about three times as much.:hmmm2:

KRAWSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have a pic, but it is on the side of the throttle pedal, when you order one you get the pedal and plug as an assembly.

I've been suffering with this same issue. Its sporadic and never consistent. I was told Throttle Control Module could be faulty and needs to be reprogrammed or buy a used one and reprogram it. Located on LH Firewall. Black box two plugs just under the Hood Hinge.:wtf: Just havent found a place that does this in Houston yet...

KRAWSH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced my APP sensor, cleaned both Throttle Body and MAF and I still get Reduced Engine Power(Cleaning helped a lot less frequent now). It is sporadic and no real trend as to when it does it. Ive read tons of different things as to what it could be from faulty ground on the block, throttle control module(mounted LH firewall) and possibly the Throttle Body itself. Ive purchased used TCM but truck would only idle. Dealer wants $115 to reprogram. When it the chime goes off I simply turn the vehicle off and restart and more often than not it works fine until it comes on again. Sometimes immediately. Others times it works fine for days. Can anyone shed light on this... where should i start?! Thanks in advance.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. 2004 Tahoe 5.3 Flex fuel. Replaced grounds, replace TAC module, cleaned throttle body, replaced both the TPS sensor and pedal sensors twice. I STILL HAVE the reduced engine power. Codes U0107 P1526 and a third that I can't remember also today my ABS light came on. I'm going to replace the whole throttle body next and if that doesn't work then I'm replacing the ECM unless someone else has a better idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne