Reconnecting key fob to 2018 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our PPV came with one very ratty-looking key fob that did not work. I'm trying to figure out how to re-pair the fob to the truck. I've found a couple of yutubes that show how to pair a new fob with the start button, but our PPV has NO start button. I did find this online step-by-step, but it is kind of confusing noting that after the pairing is done, you can use your new _key_ to start the truck:

https://www.campchevrolet.com/service/service-parts-information/how-to-program-chevy-key-fob/

The key in ours works, the FOB does not. I have a new one on order, but figure I'd at least try, and then have the procedure down when the new one shows up, with the one I have. Thanks for any pointers.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used that procedure before in a pre 2015 and it worked just fine. Its not that bad if you just follow the instructions. I don't know if it would be the same for your 2018 but you do not have a push to start so maybe. Or you may have to have the Dealer program it. Maybe someone will reply that knows for sure, there has to be a way to do it. Good luck and hope you get it figured out.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you receive your new FOB, go to your local locksmith, and for about $25 and 5 minutes, you will be good to go.