Recommended Deep Cycle Battery - Optima OR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobsburban

Reaction score
Been using Interstate for years now. Haven't switched to AGM yet; my mechanic, who wheels/camps on the weekends, said for what I'm doing, the AGM isn't worth the difference in price. But he's a fan of Interstate, whether AGM or not. I just dropped a standard battery into the truck this time. I plan to keep it idling while using the compressor if I need to inflate tires. That's the only real draw beyond stock right now other than forgetting the lights or something.

I'll probably install a 210 Ah Lifeline on the trailer when my stock battery dies in a year or two; at that point, I'll probably go AGM in the truck along with a 240 or 320 Amp Mechman alternator to feed everything.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into
Never heard of a Group H6. What is it going in?
PREMIUM
MTX-48 H6
mtx-48-h6_front.jpg
36 month warranty
Free replacement warranty

760 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)

Group Size H6

Suggested Retail Price: $217.95

Interstate’s MTX absorbed glass-mat (AGM) battery will meet or exceed your car’s starting requirements while delivering premium battery performance to power all your accessories and plug ins.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the Optima's are most popular but I went with a Sears one which did me well for 4.5 years of heavy usage. Sears not around like that anymore. Anything out there to handle abuse from car audio? I dont sit in car listening while its off but want to keep that option open, thus why i am asking for the deep cycle.

Just put an ACDelco 48HPG in mine. 42 month free replacement warranty, 80 amp discharge capacity, 135 minute reserve capacity and has 56.3 amp hours of power.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was wrong about my friends battery discount at Interstate Battery here locally. The normal walk in price for the AGM MTZ 78 is 296.95. I can get it for $246 even. About 18.5% discount.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about my friends battery discount at Interstate Battery here locally. The normal walk in price for the AGM MTZ 78 is 296.95. I can get it for $246 even. About 18.5% discount.
That's exactly why I bought a regular non-agm Interstate battery for half the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low