Recommendations for in-tank pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tank strap bolts and nut things, they always rust up and you might strip them when trying to remove them.

torch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Be ready for an oh crap moment when you pull the tank. I had a similar problem with my 09 Tahoe here is salty Mass. Unfortunately in my case, the metal fuel pump locking ring that is molded into the plastic tank rusted way beyond repair. In addition to the pump, I had to replace the whole tank with one from a junk yard.

OP
OP
F

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: installed the recommended pump and now my gas gauge reads about half of what it should with the supplied float. Is there any way i can put a resistor in line to get a proper reading?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: installed the recommended pump and now my gas gauge reads about half of what it should with the supplied float. Is there any way i can put a resistor in line to get a proper reading?
Are you sure you got the float arm snapped in correctly?

soundsgoodtome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 2007 suburban 8th vin J non flex fuel.
i’ve taken the pump out and I am looking for a replacement for the pump Only and not the entire module/housing. After extensive Internet searches I have been unable to find the pump only.
Does anyone have a number or model for this unit?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i’ve taken the pump out and I am looking for a replacement for the pump Only and not the entire module/housing. After extensive Internet searches I have been unable to find the pump only.
AFAIK only the entire assembly is available now. I don’t see the reason to not just replace it all, it’s not expensive and it’s the labor that costs so I don’t think it was popular enough to just do the pump to keep offering it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Have you looked at Rock Auto? They sometimes have the pumps alone.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at Rock Auto? They sometimes have the pumps alone.
Ha! I stand corrected. They have a no-name brand pump only ( US Motor Works) for $78 or the entire no-name brand module for $68. I wouldn’t trust either.

soundsgoodtome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AFAIK only the entire assembly is available now. I don’t see the reason to not just replace it all, it’s not expensive and it’s the labor that costs so I don’t think it was popular enough to just do the pump to keep offering it.
I
It is expensive for the entire module. $300-$500.
i’ve got plenty of time to replace the pump And I’m doing The labor. So that’s not an issue. I saw the no-name brand unit on rock auto.
I’m actually looking for a GM/Bosch/…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons