Recommend a shop in Houston?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
I was looking for a shop in the houston area that could address some body work. My guys that I use aren't really set up for it.

What I need done (and have been putting off) is my doors don't seem to be functioning smoothly anymore. I'm having a good deal of difficulty opening the pax door from the inside. I replaced the handle mechanism and I suspect that that is part of the problem. It won't release from the inside without body slamming it, but opens smoothly from the outside. Exact opposite problem on the drivers side.

More troublesome is the fact that the passenger side leaks in the rain. If you look at the vehicle from straight on their is a noticeably larger gap between the door and the frame up by the roof when compared to the driver side. I realize the leak could be from several different sources, but this seems like the logical place to start. I had the door pins replaced on the passenger side (didn't care for the shop) and it's still not sitting right. This is particularly bothersome since i just redid the whole interior and now I got water coming in.

I also need the bushings replaced for the front suspension. I got this annoying creaking sound when I go down the road and it's tough to pinpoint which one it is. Their fairly worn out, so now would be a good time to just replace them i think. Not ever having done it, I hear they can be a bit of *****.

As I mentioned, my go to shop is good but they deal with mostly just engine issues since its a pretty small place.

Thanks

ChinaW571of1-3.jpg

Bigbody250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your doors are like that from the pins in the hinge... You can buy replacements at auto parts store, just google a write up on how to replace them...

As far as the bushings I took my mustang to Beasley tire on 59n, I wanna say around Aldine mail exit and they did a good job

Buz

Reaction score
Dug this one up :) Any trustworthy mechanics please let know in Houston area! (1997 2dr tahoe)
and I'd like a pre-purchase-inspection on one.. heard auto exam mobile $169..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts