Receive and send texts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you receive and send texts on the native GMC system, when not using AA or ACP?
It seems like when I’m driving along and receive a text, I hear it come in but the GMC system gives me no notification to read it out etc. I don’t have android auto even engaged on the system. Am I missing something in the system that can just have the native system receive and or send texts without involving AA or ACP? Phone is Samsung note 8...

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER unfortunately... I just want to ask if there's something wrong with Android Auto that I should be aware of? Or are you just not interested? I didn't get NAV in my ordered Denali precisely because Android Auto is standard and is automatically updated... I had it on my Kenwood head unit in the 07, and loved it. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Not really, but I prefer not to have AA take over my system every time I enter and have to live with it engaged to do basic functions. All other recent model vehicles I've had, once you set the system up properly, it handles texts matter of factly to notify and read them to you. NO AA or ACP involved.
I'm not against AA, I just don't use it or need it most of the time....

Thunder22

Reaction score
There's an AA update coming over the next few weeks with a lot more texting functionality, including being able to use Signal and Whatsapp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan