Rebuilt Cluster now no back lights ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the IP cluster on my esky rebuilt all new bulbs new step motors new info display circuit board EVERYTHING !! and now the back lights dont work ?? @ night the cluster dark no lights at all. Previous night back lights were working fine ??

Tried to test with new dimmer switch and nothing ??

Cluster guy SWEARING up and down its not the cluster "its my truck that has issues"

I did replace radio that same day with a aftermarket Chinese head unit and crux bose interface, But don't think it has anything to do with it ??

Dave

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn on the headlights and check for 12 volts on the red wire in cavity A11 of the cluster connector. If you have power there and the cluster otherwise is working, which indicates that you have a good ground, then the cluster is the only other possibility.

BTW if the instrument panel dimmer switch is not at its highest setting, then the voltage will be somewhat less than 12 volts.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn on the headlights and check for 12 volts on the red wire in cavity A11 of the cluster connector. If you have power there and the cluster otherwise is working, which indicates that you have a good ground, then the cluster is the only other possibility.

BTW if the instrument panel dimmer switch is not at its highest setting, then the voltage will be somewhat less than 12 volts.

Thanks ill tell my guy to try that out

On the dim swtich both old and new were at HIGHEST setting right before hitting that bump and turning on interior lights and still no dice ??

Dave

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the dimmer switch in multiple positions to be sure. Check your fuses too. Test light might be easier for this, and yes your new radio could contribute. Unlplug radio harness. Eliminate variables one by one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC