Reasonably priced security drawer for the rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matus Mrocek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone got any good place to get a security drawer, as cheap as possible, used? New they are stupid expensive and I just need it to carry some guns and diapers for the offspring... Thanks!

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Police equipment stuff is so crazy pricey. I’ve been watching eBay, Craigslist and forums.

Also had a friend that worked for a municipality and he spoke with the mechanics but they didn’t have anything I was looking for. Might be worth seeing if you can talk with anybody that works in the shop in your local town.

I did find a local upfitter that also sells new stuff. Was going to contact them to see if they have anything used.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new police version is around $250, eBay may sell it for half price. I sold my one in cragslist in 2014 for $80.

Check your local cragslist.Drawer.jpg

Jbirdstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone got any good place to get a security drawer, as cheap as possible, used? New they are stupid expensive and I just need it to carry some guns and diapers for the offspring... Thanks!

I have one in Austin. It is big. Out of a state trooper Tahoe.

59E6C95D-C9C5-44B4-B672-5587C81DE931.jpeg

Jbirdstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t make clear. The three drawer in the post above is for sale if you are interested. I know it is big so maybe not what you are looking for. On a side note does anyone recognize the brand it is or have any idea what it may be worth??

Trc54

Reaction score
I may look into making one eventually. I'm going to be making/possibly manufacturing a prerunner style front bumper and a different style rear bumper also.

doyouquaxu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is mine, but its in an '18. Its an "under bed safe" made by Monster Vault that I found used on a gun forum for $500. I welded the mount from scrap metal, and it bolts to the stock 3rd row seat mounts in the floor.

43006005001_d87493b809_k.jpg
42287236224_7f58ca213e_k.jpg
42956148042_017ba9bab8_k.jpg

Sorry I didn’t make clear. The three drawer in the post above is for sale if you are interested. I know it is big so maybe not what you are looking for. On a side note does anyone recognize the brand it is or have any idea what it may be worth??

How much? How does it mount? Keys for the locks? Dimensions?

Jbirdstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t have dimensions but it is a fleet safety “Tahoe locking storage and organizer with cargo barrier” ID#8543. It does have keys, dividers in the drawers, and one drawer is set up for two long guns. All of that is changeable. Asking $1200. It is in Austin TX.

Jbirdstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also it has factory brackets that bolt into the second row seats and a couple of torx at the rear gate. Then the box screws into the brackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11