Reasonable asking price for 2dr Tahoe - Opinions Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HortonHiresAHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a sanity check. I (regretfully) plan on selling my 1998 2dr Tahoe w/ around 137k miles. I have dumped waaayyyy too much coin into this thing. I am fully aware that I won't get back anywhere close to what I put into it and something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, however I'd rather not sell it for $10k either.

I have a little over $30k in it as it sits and was hoping to get somewhat close to $20k... am I delusional or is that a reasonable figure? I have only put around 800 miles on it since I finished the build.

The details are in my build thread, located here:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59038

picture.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated.

02yukxl

Reaction score
With a rig like this. You have to find that right buyer. Craigslist is not the place for this truck. Need to run it through an auction with full build list, with guys with deep pockets looking for a nice toy. Beautiful truck, but with $20k ticket price going to be seeing a lot of tire kickers. Love the build thread! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a rig like this. You have to find that right buyer. Craigslist is not the place for this truck. Need to run it through an auction with full build list, with guys with deep pockets looking for a nice toy. Beautiful truck, but with $20k ticket price going to be seeing a lot of tire kickers. Love the build thread! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking. Thats a highly modified and unique truck, your gonna have to hold out for the right buyer... I doubt you'll find him on CL. Not A whole lotta folks looking to drop 20k on a toy or a DD that isnt new. Still... I think its worth every penny :) Good luck with the sale!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup doesnt matter how much money you put into it its technically only worth book (wich i think is a crock)
i learnt my lesson years ago with a 91 mustang i had that id put easily ten grand into it
and then got hit by a drunk driver and the ins co naturally wanted to total it for a few about 3500

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wish you were close to Oregon. I would buy it. Would you take $18k with $500 down and monthly payments of $200? Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor. I really meant $250 a month to be more realistic. It is a nice looking rig though. I am still looking for a 2 door out here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans