Rear Wiper Washer Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the most common cause of the rear window wiper washer not working? Front washers work fine.

HUMBL57

AC Guru
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also interested to know. Mine doesn't work either. It's not important enough here for me to wait half a day at the dealer for warranty repair though

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of times the tubing comes out from a connection front to back. Push the button and see if water pours out underneath. Mine was that at one point til it quit again and I havent found out why the second time lol.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of times the tubing comes out from a connection front to back. Push the button and see if water pours out underneath. Mine was that at one point til it quit again and I havent found out why the second time lol.

Agree on this method, if you don't see any leaks then the pump that sends water to the back is bad. Two pumps are attached and located under the windshield washer tank (one for the front windshield the other for the rear window) the washer tank is located under the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There also can be a clog in the last stretch of tubing to the out on the blade itself. This is what I believe to be wrong with mine as I can disconnect the tube in the rear quarter and get it to pump out. However it will not get water out of the blade itself.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey YukonCrazy,

I’m so sorry to hear that your rear window wiper isn't working. Unfortunately, I’m unable to provide technical advice, but if you’d like I can certainly look into your concern further. If my help is needed feel free to send me a private message in reference to this thread. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A,
GM Customer Care

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im at a loss for my rear washer now. I have disconnected every section of hose to include the one behind the washer arm and water comes out fine. Air passes through the tube from the end of the arm and out but for whatever reason I can not get water to come out. Very odd indeed that everything seems fine other than the lack of water.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Are you saying you checked and the washer pump for rear is pushing water? I see you say the line is fine and all connected but what about the pump?

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump is pushing water. Ive disconnected it as far as off the hatch itself and it pushes water out. The tube from the hatch to the blade will not push water out. However air passes through there so it doesnt appear clogged. Ive even tried putting a small needle in the hole where it comes out as well. I am completely stumped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos