Rear Wiper Function Tests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MassHoe04

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure when I'll get to this, but I did find this in the Tech 2 Pathing document...

Rear Wiper – Body > Lift Gate Module > Special Functions
Rear Wiper Relay – Body > Body Control Module > Special Functions > Output Control > Wiper Test

I'll try to see what these two things might tell me sometime this week...

However, I am assuming the Wiper Relay is fine, since the wiper does sometimes do a little something and can park if it makes it onto the glass (with help).
I looked through every menu option twice. I could not, for the life of me, find wiper test anywhere! It was worth a shot. I really just wanted to see what I might be able to get the Tech 2 to do for me before throwing new parts. Oh, well...

For anyone in MA/New England area... Shoutout to Westover Auto Salvage in Belchertown, MA! I picked up a used rear wiper motor from them for $40. While waiting for the part to be pulled, I thought... Gee, it would really suck to get home and put the motor in and find out something funky was going on with the switch. So I asked, if the switch was still on the donor truck, how much would the switch cost? He threw the switch in at no charge! Great shop! Very courteous, professional and had what I needed at very fair price!!!

I'll post the results of the wiper motor install when I get that done. Hope to get it squared away tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505