Rear window switches not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keefe007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe PPV

I can't seem to get the rear window switches working. Both windows work from the master driver control, although a few times the left rear won't work from the master control.

I opened up the door panels and don't see anything immediately wrong. I bought a new switch from the dealer and tested it on both sides and it didn't fix the problem on either side.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be? I did notice in the maintenance logs that they replaced the rear window switches THREE TIMES. That's weird isn't it?

On a related note, the left year door lock doesn't unlock when pressing the driver unlock button. All 3 other doors unlock fine. I don't hear any clicking in the LR actuator. What's interesting is that I do hear the left rear actuator do something when I enable or disable child locks.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably its set up that way for police work. There should be an upfitters guide to get those switches working. Do a google search.

OP
OP
K

Keefe007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The upfitter said he thinks they are disabled from the factory in the computer.

badbrad10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have to ** dealer to have them progammed to work from rear door switches. My rear windows still work from the drivers seat master control.