Rear Shocks replaced now service suspension warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukon Denali XL Mag Suspension
I replaced my rear shocks yesterday with some Luft Meister. Install went great and easy until i started to plug up the connector. the wires pulled out of the connector of the shock. I installed them back in the holes of the connector and made sure inside the connector i could see the wires tips. But since i wasn't pay attention when it pulled out im not sure if the wires are in the right holes. Does it matter if the wires are backwards as long they make a connection. NOTE: Before i started the install i disconnected the positive terminal only because it was easy to get to. Should i have disconnected the negative cable instead or does that matter as well.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on the Z95 suspension, so I cannot tell you whether on not the positive and negative leads are interchangeable. My guess is that that are not interchangeable. Other folks with deeper knowledge of the Z95 suspension will chime in.

Do you have a bi-directional scanner, so that you could pull out more details behind service suspension warning?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a current issue with the wiring setup after the shock replacement…or no?

OP
OP
C

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not sure, how can i find out or test to see ?

OP
OP
C

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
now im getting service suspension system after the shocks were installed

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well getting a service suspension message is an indication you are having an issue. Are the shocks you installed compatible with the magnaride system, or do they have the delete setup built into them?

The fact that wires pulled out of the connector and you didnt know which ones went where…i would first start there. Maybe unplug them and switch the two around that you were not sure about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu