Rear Semi-metallic Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, it gets me every year since my birthday is the day before. Yes, I am a Christmas Eve baby. Gonna be 67 on that day. But I bet I know way more about brakes than he ever did. Thankfully he gifted me with that ability.

OP
OP
M

MacWarrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree! He was the greatest man that ever lived. I celebrate him by doing a Christmas Light show. I have been a Christmas Light Show enthusiast for about 10 years now.

But getting back to the brakes, the thing I can’t figure out is why my brake pads were worn down all the way after only 18 months. Not sure what to look for since everything having to do with the brakes were replaced except the brake lines themselves. And after looking at them, they appear to be good.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree! He was the greatest man that ever lived. I celebrate him by doing a Christmas Light show. I have been a Christmas Light Show enthusiast for about 10 years now.

But getting back to the brakes, the thing I can’t figure out is why my brake pads were worn down all the way after only 18 months. Not sure what to look for since everything having to do with the brakes were replaced except the brake lines themselves. And after looking at them, they appear to be good.

I have to replace the rotors and pads because both rotors have a crack from the outside to the inside of the circle.

If your rotors were cracked, there is a good chance they were acting like a cheese grater and accelerated the wear on your pads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01