Rear quarter panel body damage question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we have a local PDR guy that could fix that, his work is amazing and the stuff he has been able to repair is truly amazing.

Even if it was not a 100% after, I will still be happier than having it repainted, I have never been totally happy with any body repairs that require paint work.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a cut out and re weld situation. PDR is not going to fix that. Insurance may even total it.

Resale value will be diminished as well. Sorry about your luck at least your ok..

Agree that totaling is always a threat when insurance is involved.

We had someone run a stop sign and clip our Tahoe from wheel to wheel and everything between.

I was sweating the talk of "total" loss because we couldn't buy anything for the number that was floating around.
The trick to "total" is that the insurance would only pay the shop our vehicle value less the salvage value.
And to determine if it's a "total" the shop has to get into the job to see if there is hidden damage (bent pillars, frame, etc).

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll go visit some reputable PDR places, I could probably live with some small creases & minor imperfections as long as the major dents are removed.

I don't have any bank loans nor live in an area where I have to keep up with the Joneses :thumbsup:

A PDR guy can make that look like new. Most people that say different have never seen it done, as usual. Take it to one of them. They will help you out. The paint doesn’t look cracked. Should be just fine. That one crease may not turn out perfect but better than 4 months in a body shop, with your new truck smelling like paint for 6 months. Don’t listen to the naysayers.

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I found a highly rated PDR guy an hour away from me in Athens called hammer-head PDR and he's seen my photos but I'm going to drive to him now so he can LMK whether he wants to do the job.

Wish me luck guys !!
Keep us posted and if he does do the work post pictures

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a highly rated PDR guy an hour away from me in Athens called hammer-head PDR and he's seen my photos but I'm going to drive to him now so he can LMK whether he wants to do the job.

Wish me luck guys !!
I talked to Bones today when picking up the truck about yours. He knows Hammer Head and said he does incredible work.

Here is my before and after:

20230308_153753.jpg20230403_162110.jpg

Underneath the bracket that secures the bumper cover was broken, the holes for the screws and push pins were all split and Bones fixed all of that with my provided parts.

He did some other work for me which I'll detail on my build thread later. Very pleased and was not apprehensive at all like I usually am in turning my truck over to someone else to work on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran around talking to various bodyshops and PDR's today, lots of variables to consider. Am bushed so going to mull it all over.

Last edited:

Roll On

Reaction score
I dented my rear cab and broke out the power rear window, I had them fix some other stuff on the bed of truck , $2,400. I went through the dealership, great job they did.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a highly rated PDR guy an hour away and sent them my photos but I'm going to drive to show him in person.

Wish me luck guys !!
Let us know how it goes. Got my fingers crossed for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu