Rear passenger seatbelt problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son pointed out that his seatbelt doesn't retract. I took a look at it externally and can't get it to retract. Now to me this seems like a safety issue as the belt is hanging out of the pillar by 3'. So Technically it’s not really a safety belt as it’s too loose.

I have extended warranty blah blah, I’m at 52k miles.
Is this something a dealership needs to fix or contact GM directly? Is this something I’d have to pay someone to fix….?

I’m a do it your self kinda guy but seeing as this is a Safety issue I would say a Qualified technician should look at it and solve the problem and personally I don’t think I should have to pay anything but I don’t know

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not twisted as I am able to pull it All the way out but once it retracts a couple of feet there’s still like 3 feet of belt just hanging it’s almost like as if the spring inside has broken a little bit

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
My son pointed out that his seatbelt doesn't retract. I took a look at it externally and can't get it to retract. Now to me this seems like a safety issue as the belt is hanging out of the pillar by 3'. So Technically it’s not really a safety belt as it’s too loose.

I have extended warranty blah blah, I’m at 52k miles.
Is this something a dealership needs to fix or contact GM directly? Is this something I’d have to pay someone to fix….?

I’m a do it your self kinda guy but seeing as this is a Safety issue I would say a Qualified technician should look at it and solve the problem and personally I don’t think I should have to pay anything but I don’t know
If it's under warranty then make it the dealerships problem. Drink their Milkshake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu