Rear Media Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdavid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Have a new to me 2021 Chevy Tahoe. Having trouble playing videos with my Google Pixel 6 Pro on the Rear Media units. I'm terrible with technology (even basic). What do I need to do to get Disney Plus and Netflix to play from my phone for my kids? Thanks!

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need an app. Not familiar with Google phones, but x-cast works on my Samsung. It took some patience to get the two to work together on mine. Once the app and the vvehicle "see" each other it works fine.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we had a 21 yukon with the rear media....using a samsung galaxy s20+ we were able to screen share straight to the RES fairly consistently. i simply used the "smart view" function which is essentially android's own screen share app (your pixel 6 should probably have that o it...pull the screen down twice and it's usually in the second group of apps.

every now and then there'd be a hiccup connecting but in general, it was fairly reliable sharing the phone to the screens. definitely could try a 3rd party app if need be

if i remember correctly someone in the back seat had to click "miracast" first on one of the screens...then we'd access the screen share app on our phone...and go from there

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, screen sharing is much easier on the 21’s, Apple or android With the proper patch cords. Only genuine apple cords work on apple.