Rear main seal & TPMS sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear main requires the trans to be removed so $600 is pretty good considering. Sure, the engine stays in, but to R&R a trans is no easy task. And a TPMS sensors can be replaced by a tire shop without completely removing the tire from the rim.

Californian

Reaction score
I had to install TPMS sensors after i bought new wheels and tires. The ones that came on the truck didn't have them installed. I did some research and decided to buy these off Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MA1RJVP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Since I bought the wheels and tires from Discount tire and had to go back for them to check the torque onthe lug nuts they just put them on for free. So far I haven't had any issues with them and they have been on there for about a month now.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Not sure about tpms. But I have seen a guy change the rear main in a 2007 yukon with the engine in the truck so I know it is possible. On a lift it took him about 30 minutes. He charged 150$ for the seal and an oil change. But I doubt a dealer will be so generous

Im just thinking if i had every tool all lined up and never had to search for anything and be totally proficient with the trans i was removing could i remove shaft, linkage, harness, cooler lines, trans mount, crossmember, bellhousing attach points, TC, pressure plate, R&R rear main seal and be back together in approx 30 min? If i were capable of this and charged $750 and did one each day id be done by 9am and be surfing for the rest of the day! lol

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a carbon copy of the 07 Denali I just got. I bought an OE set of TPMS sensors on eBay for $33 bucks and paid a tire shop $36 to remove and replace. I also took the wheels home first and dremel’d the corrosion out of the lip area of the wheel as two had slow leaks.

I’ve yet to tackle the oil leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to replace my tpms sensors too. Do you have a an ebay link?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im just thinking if i had every tool all lined up and never had to search for anything and be totally proficient with the trans i was removing could i remove shaft, linkage, harness, cooler lines, trans mount, crossmember, bellhousing attach points, TC, pressure plate, R&R rear main seal and be back together in approx 30 min? If i were capable of this and charged $750 and did one each day id be done by 9am and be surfing for the rest of the day! lol
Yeah right. No friggin way! Don’t forget to drain and fill it too.

vettes980

Reaction score
I need to replace my tpms sensors too. Do you have a an ebay link?
Search “Yukon TPMS” and a bunch will come up. I bought this particular part. Add this 13598771 into the search and it will come up. You can confirm fitment through the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to install TPMS sensors after i bought new wheels and tires. The ones that came on the truck didn't have them installed. I did some research and decided to buy these off Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MA1RJVP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Since I bought the wheels and tires from Discount tire and had to go back for them to check the torque onthe lug nuts they just put them on for free. So far I haven't had any issues with them and they have been on there for about a month now.
That’s a good price on ACDelco ones. I figured they’re inside my tires, not easily replaced, so I went with ACDelco as well. I want them to last the 10 years that the batteries are supposed to be good for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17