Rear main seal & TPMS sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2007 GMC Yukon XL 4x4 with 99k miles. I had it diagnosed and inspected at the local dealership. The report was good. Except they discovered that the rear mail seal needed replacing "soon but not right away". I think he mentioned a slow leak or little to no leak at all. But I'm getting it replaced at my local transmission ship for $600 asap. Does that sound about right? How concerned should I be about this?

The second item that needed replacing was the "TPMS Sensor". What is that? How quickly do I need to get that fixed? And how much should it run at my local shop?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about tpms. But I have seen a guy change the rear main in a 2007 yukon with the engine in the truck so I know it is possible. On a lift it took him about 30 minutes. He charged 150$ for the seal and an oil change. But I doubt a dealer will be so generous

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thtpms is sensors located in your wheel. Usually the battery(more than 1?) just go dead.

nixxxster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure about tpms. But I have seen a guy change the rear main in a 2007 yukon with the engine in the truck so I know it is possible. On a lift it took him about 30 minutes. He charged 150$ for the seal and an oil change. But I doubt a dealer will be so generous

Where can I find this guy?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tpms is the sensor inside each tire attached to the valve stems that monitor pressure inside your tires. They are somewhere around 40 bucks a piece. Not super critical but the light on your dash being on might get annoying.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have a flat tire light on. If you scroll through your DIC one or more tired won’t show any pressure You can’t replace the batteries in them and get all 4. Not Chinese get Dorman or oem oh and check your tire pressure

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have used ATP AT-205 to stop rear main seal leak?
I tried Blue Devil and it didn't work :(
I then bit the bullet and replaced the real main seal myself and 10k miles later IT IS STILL BONE DRY

vettes980

Reaction score
Sounds like a carbon copy of the 07 Denali I just got. I bought an OE set of TPMS sensors on eBay for $33 bucks and paid a tire shop $36 to remove and replace. I also took the wheels home first and dremel’d the corrosion out of the lip area of the wheel as two had slow leaks.

I’ve yet to tackle the oil leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne