Rear Main Seal job, Pan, etc - 07 Yukon Denali 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE !!!!

I fired it up this afternoon. So far, so good. No drips. YEAH YEAH YEAH ! I haven't driven it yet because I haven't put the front end back on it yet. I took it off to replace the trans cooler lines. I'll do that tomorrow and take her for a spin.

I put the old plugs back in for now. I've got a new set I'll install soon. I'm running conventional oil right now, but I'll drain it soon and replenish w/synthetic. I'll cut the filter open and see if any nasty stuff from the cylinder flush shows up.

It took about 10 qts of Dexron VI to get her full. There was some fluid in the new converter, how much is anybodies guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No runs, drips, or errors!! It's on the road again and dry as a bone!! I'm a happy dude. Were gonna drive it to and from Leadville, CO soon. I'm also hoping the amount oil that collects in the catch can is greatly reduced. I'll keep yaw posted.

Last edited:

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
No runs, drips, or errors!! It's on the road again and dry as a bone!! I'm a happy dude. Were gonna drive it to and from Leadville, CO soon. I'm also hoping the amount oil that collects in the catch can is greatly reduced. I'll keep yaw posted.

Great work!! I read some of the threads on here and wonder how repairs/maintanance can go so wrong? I like the TC component R&R, i know you didnt have much time to get to know the vehicle prior to working on it but does the trans shift/feel any different?

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the TC component R&R, i know you didnt have much time to get to know the vehicle prior to working on it but does the trans shift/feel any different?
The same, I did the torque converter as a "preventative" measure.

OP
OP
donjetman

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news, we did a 2000+ mile trip to Leadville, CO(highest US city-10,152') and back. Now I'm pleased with our Yukon. It used zero oil. It doesn't burn or leak any now. The catch can isn't necessary anymore, because it doesn't catch much of anything anymore. What is does catch smells more like gasoline and is watery like gasoline? The Yukon performs good in the snow, and it's comfortable doing the 1000 mile 15 hr non-stop drive each way. I'm happy with my decision to buy this vehicle. Here is a pic of what came out of the catch can after 1200 miles.
View media item 27505

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9