Rear Locking Differential Rebuild Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on Yukon Gear posi unit?
What does GM originally use for the G80 locker?
The G80 is an Eaton product. Have heard good things about the Yukon Gear unit. A few others here have installed them but I don't have any personal experience with it. I've owned three G80 units over the years, and thankfully have never had a problem with any of them, for a combined 400K miles.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The G80 is an Eaton product. Have heard good things about the Yukon Gear unit. A few others here have installed them but I don't have any personal experience with it. I've owned three G80 units over the years, and thankfully have never had a problem with any of them, for a combined 400K miles.

I agree, my G80 has been very reliable. There are better options for off road centric users but as a daily driver, normally unlocked unit, it is a good compromise.

I wouldn't consider an alternative that is normally locked and unlocks as the alternative mode, so if I was upgrading rear ends for more serious off road work, I would try and see if I could install an air locker or perhaps one of the newer eLSD options. I understand the new electronic limited slip units like come in the new AT4 Yukons are very sweet.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One rebuilder uses Yukon duragrip but I agree that the G80, the way we use it, has not be problematic, possibly until now. It does still lock, but something is amiss back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288