Rear Lift Gate 95 Yukon GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear lift gate will not release and the key won't work either. I can hear the module under the dash clicking but the glass will not release. I was going to take of the rear trim panel off to get to everything but there are screws in the top of the trim panel that the steel glass frame covers.

Any ideas on how to get to anything that will help me release the glass or am I just going to have to cut into the tailgate interior trim to get to the mechanism. I have checked all fuses and all the other door locks work just not sure if I am even getting power back to the actuator. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
I know this was an old post. I did not see an answer like mine here so if you’re still having trouble with your glass not releasing from your tailgate it’s probably because your tailgate is not shut all the way if you try to open the tailgate the glass locks to keep the tailgate from opening . Pushing ******* your tailgate and the glass will release

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu