Rear Height Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed today when I walked out to my Tahoe that the back end just didn't appear to be sitting right. Drove it home, looked again, and it is definately sitting funny. The passenger side is sitting 1.5" almost 2" lower at the rear bumper than the driver side.

I know I'm in need of new shocks, but that shouldn't cause the drop effect. Im thinking I may have a shackle or leaf spring issue. Anyone have an insight or experience with this same problem?

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you look under there to see what it may be. You should maybe take off you leaf springs and clean them and then just put them back on. maybe one is just caked with mud/rust or something. if anything just get a lift block and put it on one side.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have a broken leaf. That is about the only thing that can explain that much difference from side to side. :imo:

OP
OP
hapyspaz

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I go outside to smoke, I keep walking up to it and measuring, then I rock it side to side, and remeasure. Nothing looks broken underneath, suspension still feels stiff...

Rear leaf shackle on the lower side looks tweeked though, the bushings dont seem to be sitting properly. I dont see anything visually wrong with the leaf though...

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
I had the same problem on mine. I walked up to my truck and I could tell my back bumper was crooked. I measured and it was off 2" side to side and lower in the back. My problem was leafs I got new ones when I got my truck lowered for 660$ for the pair...10 years old I guess.

OP
OP
hapyspaz

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Im hoping this will help me convince the g/f its time to let me get the lift

OP
OP
hapyspaz

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I get to work this morning, and the truck is sitting level on the rear end again...

Then I get back home, and its sitting 2 inches lower on the right side...

No, my driveway doesn't lean. Im so frustrated. I cant afford the lift for another month and I dont want to drop money into something that I am going to replace in a month...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts