Rear Headrest DVD's lil black box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil_B_Hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part # for the lil black box for the RSE dvd headrests?

or better yet know where i can get one?

I bought a set of factory GM headrest dvds, but they didn't not come with the wires or black box, just the headrests, which has wires come out of it, 2 headphones, and the remote.

i've found the part numbers for both wires i need.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

in fact, i'd also love to get hold of the instruction booklet that comes with the entire package, if anyone knows of one, or if its online somewhere for download.

Thanks,
Phil

NovelX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The (black colored) standard control box (Invision Model SCBX-3010A) or (310-G7GM) found on eBay for Approx $75 u5e5u2y7.jpg

*This allows you to connect your cables from both of the headrests to one central point so power is supplied to both headrests, and both headrests can share video (if you have the Dual DVD system).

But it's best to get the below control box

The "FUNBOX" (grey colored) Control Box (Invision Model SCBX-3010U) for the Invision DVD headrest systems, and (2) Aux A/V Pigtail Connector cables. Also eBay Approx $150 and some euro websites
9arusu3u.jpg

This is made by and for the Invision DVD systems. It is not a generic knockoff item.

It is used with the Rev2, Rev LT, SL7, and SL8 series of DVD headrest systems.

However, if your head unit has video-out, it also allows you to connect your control box to Aux video/audio in/out using your A/V cords with RCA connectors. This allow you to play audio/video from most OEM and aftermarket DVD/NAV head units to your headrests.

If your head unit has video-in, then this will also allow you to send audio/video to it from the headrests (most vehicles lock out video playing in the in the head unit while in Drive due to safety restrictions unless you use a lock-pick or other hack method).

Another use is to send A/V to devices such as many visor monitors.

Also, you can connecting your IPod, IPad, or IPhone to your Invision DVD system (or any system that uses RCA A/V connectors). With a RCA IPod charging/viewing cable that will allow you to send any audio or video from those devices to your larger-screen devices such as a head unit, DVD headrests, visor monitors, etc. ***

This works for all of the years, makes, and models of vehicles that use the Invision systems. Invision is the licensed OEM supplier for systems in many of the major car manufacturers including Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Volkswagen, etc.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidgearman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[QUOT

I know it has been a while since you posted this but would you know where I can buy one of the"funboxes" now? I have scoured the internet and searched completed listings on ebay but haven't had any luck. My current invision control box is actually different than either one of these (it is kind of inbetween). It is grey in color but instead of having two separate 1/8 inch jacks it only has one. Unfortunately this is an A/V output of whatever is playing on Monitor A. I am looking for a way of inputting a video signal without having to run a RCA cable up to one of the monitors (kind of look funny).

E="NovelX, post: 746636, member: 19385"]The (black colored) standard control box (Invision Model SCBX-3010A) or (310-G7GM) found on eBay for Approx $75
u5e5u2y7.jpg

*This allows you to connect your cables from both of the headrests to one central point so power is supplied to both headrests, and both headrests can share video (if you have the Dual DVD system).

But it's best to get the below control box

The "FUNBOX" (grey colored) Control Box (Invision Model SCBX-3010U) for the Invision DVD headrest systems, and (2) Aux A/V Pigtail Connector cables. Also eBay Approx $150 and some euro websites
9arusu3u.jpg

This is made by and for the Invision DVD systems. It is not a generic knockoff item.

It is used with the Rev2, Rev LT, SL7, and SL8 series of DVD headrest systems.

However, if your head unit has video-out, it also allows you to connect your control box to Aux video/audio in/out using your A/V cords with RCA connectors. This allow you to play audio/video from most OEM and aftermarket DVD/NAV head units to your headrests.

If your head unit has video-in, then this will also allow you to send audio/video to it from the headrests (most vehicles lock out video playing in the in the head unit while in Drive due to safety restrictions unless you use a lock-pick or other hack method).

Another use is to send A/V to devices such as many visor monitors.

Also, you can connecting your IPod, IPad, or IPhone to your Invision DVD system (or any system that uses RCA A/V connectors). With a RCA IPod charging/viewing cable that will allow you to send any audio or video from those devices to your larger-screen devices such as a head unit, DVD headrests, visor monitors, etc. ***

This works for all of the years, makes, and models of vehicles that use the Invision systems. Invision is the licensed OEM supplier for systems in many of the major car manufacturers including Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Volkswagen, etc.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

d3adpool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread. I had the same problem as the previous poster in locating the Invision funbox brain as I too scoured the web endlessly for weeks. I finally found one thru Invision directly. They sold me a new one for $75 plus another $8 for ground shipping. I hooked it up yesterday and it works great.

20190710_184302.jpg

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D3adpool, what year is your Escalade? where is the location of the old box or was there ever one?

I am trying to do the same but have a 2011 Yukon Denali with DVD headunit and a flipdown for the passangers, your help would be greatly appreciated.

d3adpool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
D3adpool, what year is your Escalade? where is the location of the old box or was there ever one?

I am trying to do the same but have a 2011 Yukon Denali with DVD headunit and a flipdown for the passangers, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is a 2007, but I had to install the headrests and module. I mounted the module under the center console.

d3adpool

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes but you'll need a harness like the pac gmrvd or gmrvd2 depending on your vehicle for the rca jacks

This is if you have the factory unit, aftermarket you would connect to the video out jacks on the headunit

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that info.

I have 2 options. A guy in town is parting out his 2011 Escalade Platinum Edition which has the DVD headrest....i have to assume the brain is already in the vehicle somewhere?

or

buy used Invision DVD Headreast on EBAY and buy all the other parts.

if i went with option 1, do you happened to know how to take that all out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts