Rear hatch chrome piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, wanting to get this piece color matched black. My question is, is it double sided tape from the chrome to the back of the hatch? It almost looks like it can be peeled away and then it is already black underneath. I've been trying to find info but no luck. Anyone have experience with this? 2015 Yukon Denali

Thank you!

20181115_135437.jpg

OP
OP
J

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think it is screwed in you would have to remove it from the inside
Do you know if its only Denalis with the chrome piece? I figured I would have to unscrew it and take the back panel off the hatch but does the chrome piece come off?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should come off look it up on ebay it looks like it has clips and two bolts i wanted to take mine off as well until i found that out

OP
OP
J

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it should come off look it up on ebay it looks like it has clips and two bolts i wanted to take mine off as well until i found that out

Well I got it off. You have to take the inner rear hatch panel off, there are a ton of clips that pop out. 1 or 2 might break so be careful, the chrome hatch trim is held in by 3 bolts and 2 clips, unscrew the nuts and pop the clips! Sent it out for paint yesterday so I will post pics when I get it reinstalled next week probably.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got it off. You have to take the inner rear hatch panel off, there are a ton of clips that pop out. 1 or 2 might break so be careful, the chrome hatch trim is held in by 3 bolts and 2 clips, unscrew the nuts and pop the clips! Sent it out for paint yesterday so I will post pics when I get it reinstalled next week probably.

Do you have tips or pics of taking off that panel? I have something rattling back there whenever I open the hatch. I'd like to fx that.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Danger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have tips or pics of taking off that panel? I have something rattling back there whenever I open the hatch. I'd like to fx that.

Unfortunately I didnt take pics. There really isnt much to it. Where the latch locks there is a plastic piece that pops out and where the button is for the automatic closing of the hatch there is a little platic tab that you can pry with a little flat head, under neath that is a Torx bolt. Once you get all of that done, the rest is just yanking on the panel to free the clips. Like I said, I managed to snap 2 clips in total due to everything being freaking plastic but it still went back into place and held good.

I'll try to take a pic of the beginning process so you know where to start, give me a day to get them.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didnt take pics. There really isnt much to it. Where the latch locks there is a plastic piece that pops out and where the button is for the automatic closing of the hatch there is a little platic tab that you can pry with a little flat head, under neath that is a Torx bolt. Once you get all of that done, the rest is just yanking on the panel to free the clips. Like I said, I managed to snap 2 clips in total due to everything being freaking plastic but it still went back into place and held good.

I'll try to take a pic of the beginning process so you know where to start, give me a day to get them.

Okay, thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3