Rear Hatch Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktrent

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought my wife a 15 Denali XL and after two days her only dislike is the sloped rear cargo area. The first trip to the grocery store and a lot of items rolled down against door and when opened fell on ground. I know she could open small storage hatch but with a large item like a stroller already in there this is not a option. I removed the storage tray but this leaves the bottom of the rear folding seats exposed which is not pretty. Thinking of making some spacers so that storage lid sits flat.

This is something that most if us would never even think of but I kind of see her point and agree. Btw we tried the net and her response was (and we paid how much for this again).

I would almost rather have the old heavy removable rear seats.

Sent into space with tapatalk

DaveG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yep, went through same thing when I got my 15 Yuke. Couple trips to grocery store, and having produce / cans fall out the back when I got home convinced me to buy the ENTIRELY OVER-PRICED cargo net, which definitely helped my situation. Worst part was I already had a net that fit and only needed the upper net hooks.....which I paid $50 for because you can't get them without the net.... Fifty dollars will not send me to the poor house, but I just gave GM $60K and I am sure it wouldn't have hurt their stock price too bad to include the top hooks that cost them a dollar!!

Bad Bad Bad customer service

amscomps

Reaction score
removed third row

I have removed the third row seats. Pretty easy actually. Two spinners in storage tray, 7 (?) bolts and 1 electrical plug on drivers side. They are HEAVY. I then reinstalled my home made drawers from my 05 Durango. Used the seat bolt holes. How do I post pix?

amscomps

Reaction score
I'll try to post some tomorrow. Its dark now and I also have to unwrap the third row from the plastic for storage. Thanks for the how to. Its really easy to remove. maybe 30 min

amscomps

Reaction score
OK heres pix of third seat removal. Its already been out but you start with this

Then open the storage box, remove the rubber mat, remove two spinners. The storage box should come out. Like so.

you now see 4 bolts - metric BS.

Move to the front and pull off these

Three more bolts and one cable connection. Cable is on the drivers side near the front corner.

Tomorrow for sure I will post pix of the drawers

Attachments

• Resize of photo a.JPG
    Resize of photo a.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 257
  • Resize of photo c.JPG
    Resize of photo c.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Resize of photo d.jpg
    Resize of photo d.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Resize of photo e.JPG
    Resize of photo e.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Resize of photo f.jpg
    Resize of photo f.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 253

amscomps

Reaction score
OK. Heres the drawer pix. Had the shell made from aluminum and made the drawers myself from plywood. The Durango had a storage area underneath that why the big holes. I added the aluminum tube for mounting in the Yukon.

Attachments

• Resize of storage.JPG
    Resize of storage.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Resize of drawer.JPG
    Resize of drawer.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Resize of inside drawer.JPG
    Resize of inside drawer.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 227

carlsonsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rich, looks nice. Thanks for the pics. A couple of questions though. Did you have to have the seats in the upright position to get to the front bolts? With the seat assembly removed is the floor pretty flat? Is your box secured to the floor and if so what did you attach to.

Thanks again,

Steve