Rear entertainment screen not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cetnor851

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 16’ Tahoe. Rear entertainment screen doesn’t turn. Took it to the dealership and they told me the unit itself was bad. Ok..bought a new one and swapped it out myself.. Loan behold not a damn thing changed. I will try to attach a video and show what it does. Once the main screen processes the dvd it’s shows the play/skip video controls. Once you hit pause it says this feature is not supported. The dvd doesn’t not play on the front screen aswell. Not sure if it’s an HMI issue, blue cord from the HMI module to the rear screen or what but it’s super frustrating. Any info would be appreciated.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s of any help, but on my 2013 Yukon XL Denali they played hell trying to get the two rear screens working right after I bought it. It started out being diagnosed as an issue where the head unit had been swapped out by the previous owner so they replaced the head unit with a new one and still no luck. They replaced the screens, still no luck, then they discovered that they needed to update firmware in one or more of the modules (head unit, and or 2nd and 3rd row screens) so they all matched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9