Rear entertainment and audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97TAWS6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We've recently bought our 05 Denali XL and one of the big selling points for my wife was that it's got the rear DVD system for our daughter. Last night we went and bought the first 100 episodes of Spongebob for us...I mean my daughter to watch LOL. Works great and is surprisingly clear for being 15 years old.

Is there a way to set it up where the front speakers play what we want to listen to on the radio and then the rear plays the DVD? I know we can plug her headphones in and it will do that, but I've got to pull apart the small unit on the back of the console and check the connections for the headphone jack. It plays through the headphones, but it's like it's not all the way plugged in and if you wiggle it around some one ear will go on and off and it'll get loud like it's supposed to. Anyone fixed this before? I'm sure it's just a broken solder connection or something similar, but I'm not sure how to access it.

Also, we're thinking about getting a new head unit that has Bluetooth streaming and possibly wireless car play if I can find a unit that isn't going to cost an arm and leg. Is there a module to still allow the rear entertainment system to still function after the factory head unit is removed? I'm pretty sure there's a module for the steering wheel controls, so I would think there's one for the entertainment system.

Thanks!

A623Z

Reaction score
Not sure about getting that done with the stock system but PAC has a harness (GM1A-RT) that has rear seat entertainment system retention. From there you would just need a head unit that supports dual zones so you can play music in the front and audio from Spongebob in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe