rear ended on the tow hitch, what should i check for damage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leon00000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, guys! long story short, i visited my father-in-law today, we i had some drinks, so i let my wife drive the truck (21's tahoe) back. What a stupid decision, she backed directly to the wall and leave a nice dent on the cement.

thankfully i have not removed my tow hitch. The hitch looks got some scratches. I ve heard some people got rear ended on the hitch and got frame damaged, should i worry that? Wasn't fast, maybe 10-20 km/h.

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hello, guys! long story short, i visited my father-in-law today, we i had some drinks, so i let my wife drive the truck (21's tahoe) back. What a stupid decision, she backed directly to the wall and leave a nice dent on the cement.

thankfully i have not removed my tow hitch. The hitch looks got some scratches. I ve heard some people got rear ended on the hitch and got frame damaged, should i worry that? Wasn't fast, maybe 10-20 km/h.
I think you are probably fine.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I hope you overestimated the speed. 10-20 kph into concrete is going to do damage.

OP
OP
L

Leon00000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope you overestimated the speed. 10-20 kph into concrete is going to do damage.
thanks! i think her foot was not on gas, but i remember i see the wall keep approaching on the screen, at the same time i shut STOPPPPP, i heard the BANNNNNN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345