Rear end swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

simme521

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s actually a old police vehicle that had all the stickers removed but you can still see where the letters were so I should be good without the tune hahaha

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s actually a old police vehicle that had all the stickers removed but you can still see where the letters were so I should be good without the tune hahaha

You'll probably need the tune, anyway. The PCM and/or TCM might be confused when it sees you going slower for a given RPM. The shift points may be thrown off. Besides, all of these rigs need a good tune, especially for the transmission.

You'll lose some MPG, but 3.73 behind a 6L80 is gonna be a nice bump in acceleration off the line. It'll be a whole other beast with a tune. If you're gonna get a more normal size wheel and tire size, now's the time to do it before a tune. PPV tire size is a lot shorter than those on the civilian models.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I don’t know what you’re talking about officer, impeding traffic, my speedo says I’m going the speed limit.

Haha! I pulled that one 20 years ago when I had larger tires on my Jeep. Got away scot free. :angels2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd