Rear End Hopping after Replacing Slip Yoke / U-Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with the driveshaft and agree with swath. If I were closer, I'd swap it out for a try.
I got a quote for a new aluminum driveshaft and it was relatively inexpensive, I think it was around 250. Its a 1 piece driveshaft.
Where did you get the driveshaft from?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the driveshaft from?

Sorry, I didn't get a new one. I had an issue with the shop who replaced my yokes. Long story, short.
I went through GMPartDirect. Typically, I'll get all my info from them and search around for the best price.
Mine is also a PPV, they came with one piece aluminum driveshafts.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't get a new one. I had an issue with the shop who replaced my yokes. Long story, short.
I went through GMPartDirect. Typically, I'll get all my info from them and search around for the best price.
Mine is also a PPV, they came with one piece aluminum driveshafts.

Is yours 2WD, and do you have a part# for it? I have been wondering why some get aluminum and some are not.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is yours 2WD, and do you have a part# for it? I have been wondering why some get aluminum and some are not.

Yes, its 2wd. Hmm, I'll have to email GMParts again for a part number. I'll go do that now and get back to you asap :)
I believe all PPVs got the one piece aluminum driveshafts.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I did locate what I think is the correct driveshaft which appears to have the slip yoke and u-joints from RockAuto for $246 shipped.

ACDELCO 15916624
RWD; CODE RS5 RL5; 4 speed Automatic trans.

15916624_Primary__ra_p.jpg
Good deal. Think that would work on the nbs? What speed is it rated to?

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the new driveshaft with slip yoke and u-joints already attached. Also picked up a new u-joint strap kit. Driveshaft should arrive this week and really hope this finally fixes the vibration problem.

If not, it will be driven off a cliff and never spoken of again!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ordered the new driveshaft with slip yoke and u-joints already attached. Also picked up a new u-joint strap kit. Driveshaft should arrive this week and really hope this finally fixes the vibration problem.

If not, it will be driven off a cliff and never spoken of again!
"Like" to the driven off the cliff and never spoken of again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518