Rear DVD flip down screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swabbot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2nd row rear flip down screen in my 2015 suburban stopped working. The third row screen (and first row in park) work just fine. If I slowly open or close the screen, the movie will come on, but move the screen too much and it turns off. My guess the connection has come loose, or the ribbon wire has broken. Anybody have similar issues? Thanks in advance.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these inconstancies with the DVD screen in your Suburban. I recognize that at this time you are looking to other forum members for feedback. However, I would be more than happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf to make them aware of your concerns. Please private message me with more details is you would like my assistance.

Best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

The 2nd row rear flip down screen in my 2015 suburban stopped working. The third row screen (and first row in park) work just fine. If I slowly open or close the screen, the movie will come on, but move the screen too much and it turns off. My guess the connection has come loose, or the ribbon wire has broken. Anybody have similar issues? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
S

swabbot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I disassembled the dvd unit. Turns out it's the ribbon cable that went bad. Anyone have any suggestions where i can find a 40 pin flat ribbon cable?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I take it youre out of warranty? If so... no clue - contact whoever makes the unit. Used to be Panasonic made them but not sure in the 2015.

OP
OP
S

swabbot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Panasonic makes the unit, LG makes the display. I contacted both of them..waiting to hear back. The dealer can only replace the unit as a whole, and wants ~$500... and i only need a $5 cable.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Dealer doesnt have the ribbon cable because they dont manufacture the item, they only buy the complete unit. Maybe look for a used unit if nothing else.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is this not still covered under warranty?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If youre not TOO far out, I would try another dealer, or raise the issue with GM customer service. Worth a try. Although, you may have voided that warranty by dissembling the unit to begin with.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I figured they would still cover it but I guess they wouldn't be required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon