Rear Courtesy Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcurylo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Yukon XL. Bought used. After having owned it for two years, I realized that cargo area courtesy/dome lights never activate. Other dome lights work. Unable to locate information in on-line product manual as to: what activates them, are they fused, how can they be checked/replaced. Any recommendation appreciated.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recognize that my 07 may be apples and oranges with your 17, but my rear ceiling lights come on whenever my front reading lights come on (except for manually turning on the reading lights, of course). Most notable, all ceiling lights come on whenever I open my doors.

First question would be, do you have 12v at the ceiling lights, whenever you open the driver's door?

OP
OP
R

Rcurylo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have not been able to remove light assembly to evaluate voltage at fixture. Rather than use the yank and pray method, I was hoping to find clear instructions on removal.

I prefer not to force removal and risk damage to headliner.

No combination of access doors being open or closed ever causes cargo overhead lamps to turn on. All other lamps, as far as I can tell, work fine.

I appreciate the post. Thanks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, I had to squeeze the rectangular clear cover plate simultaneously on both sides of the narrower dimension.

OP
OP
R

Rcurylo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not the same? Any guess on constructive removal will be appreciated.

Still, would be nice to know if any fuse controls these lights exclusively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep