Rear Clunk when Turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropping off the Tahoe on Friday.

I'm going to have the shop look over everything...all the bushings, rear arms, panhard bar etc...

As for the engine mounts, are they able to diagnose if they are bad by just putting it on a lift? What's the best way to find out if they are done?

I've read that everyone is going with the Hummer Engine mounts instead of the OEM Tahoe ones. Is that route I should go if they are done?

Thanks guys in advance for all your help
They should be able to diagnose broken engine mounts by putting it drive or reverse, holding the brake, and revving the engine while observing if the engine lifts off the mount. And yes use the H3 mounts if they need replacing.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should be able to diagnose broken engine mounts by putting it drive or reverse, holding the brake, and revving the engine while observing if the engine lifts off the mount. And yes use the H3 mounts if they need replacing.

Thanks for your help! :happy107:

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Took the Tahoe in to a shop on Friday to have them look over everything.

They couldn't diagnose it. They said all the bushings look fine...no issues with the motor mount.

They took it for a drive and couldn't hear anything.

Of course, once I leave the shop, I turn right out of their drive way and I hear it again!!

So annoying!

I'm now assuming that the only way to find the problem is to take everything off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC