Rear cargo area roof leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is great info. My 2012 Yukon xlt is having the exact same leakage problem as the original post. Anybody know how to take the plastic piece off along to top in the back? I'd like to see the water coming in before I spend time/money. Probably just pops off but I don't want to break it. Thanks....GREAT site!!!!

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that had the same leak problem. The dealer quoted some huge expensive fix. An older service manager walked by and said Tahoes and Suburbans often have a leak that is caused by a twisted rubber wire loom between the body and door at the top of the rear hatch. He reached up and straightened the rubber loom so that it was straight and it has not leaked since. May not fix your problem, but fixed my Tahoe and Suburban leaks. I would have never seen the twist in the rubber loom, but when it was straight... no more leak. Can also add some clear silicone along the loom seam for extra protection. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

GMTC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2013 Yukon XL, I just noticed a leak through the driver's side of the headliner trim at the rear hatch tonight in a heavy downpour. I tracked mine down to a missing nut on the hatch hinge, water was wicking in from the hinge and dripping off the stud. I'll be going to pick up a nut in the morning.20201124_204006.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne