Rear Axle Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
Hi, I have to replace the seals and maybe more on my rear differential, it got so low when I started driving it again after a couple of years the vibration was pretty bad the last time I drove it. At least that's what I'm thinking is the issue.

So, given that I may do a suspension lift of 2 - 4", and I've added about 75 HP and 100 lb-ft, what are the differential axle upgrades I should consider or should I just go back stock? I think I'm running 3.73 stock, I'll have to look that up.

What OEM or aftermarket axle/rear ends would be an easy upgrade and which may be a good choice to knock out a disc brake upgrade at the same time?

1998, 2 door, auto, HT383 no real mods yet...

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/4 ton rear with disk brakes. Look at 99 model and up GMT400. Need a different Master Cylinder. Take it all out of Donor vehicle at Upullit. Front brakes too if you have the little ones. Then you have proper cores if needed.

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a disk brake swap kit for those, I haven't installed it all in a vehicle but it allows you to run NBS 2 piston disk brakes.

I've seen them, and they look to be pretty good quality. People speak highly of them! I can't remember the name off the top of my head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT