Rear axle C-clip removal guidance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns
Reaction score
You may also have to have the ECU flashed for the new gear ratio. The transmission shifts and speedometer will be effected. A tuning device like a Diablo or a custom tune can take care of this. I've never seen a gear ratio option in the Tech2 menus, so not sure if that or a dealership would be able to do it.
Thank you for the reminder, this is exactly one of the little things I was referring to above that falls under the "know exactly what I'm doing" statement

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and put a eaton detroit trutrac in there and you won't have this problem again. ya they cost a little extra but they are worth it.
This is what I did, I did the job myself setting the lash and it's been like 40k and there are no issues at all

If I recall correctly, I think I just used a ratchet strap on the outside and pulled it tight and the axle moved in enough to get the clips out

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My eyes aren't playing nice today, are the c-clips still stuck inside? Once that center block is out, you can use a come along like LS1FRC suggests or have someone push against it while you're in there with a magnet. Don't push too hard and knock the truck off the jack stands though! Ratchet strap sounds better than what we did!

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns
Reaction score
My eyes aren't playing nice today, are the c-clips still stuck inside? Once that center block is out, you can use a come along like LS1FRC suggests or have someone push against it while you're in there with a magnet. Don't push too hard and knock the truck off the jack stands though! Ratchet strap sounds better than what we did!
No sir, Used pry bar(gently) to squeeze cracks in carrier back together a little then drilled one large hole along the edge of a 6-8" chunk of 4x6 post so it would fit lug pattern, gave it a couple whacks with a 16lb sledge and that moved axle shafts in far enough to suck the clips off with magnet. It was back on page 2... But thank you for making sure!

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns
Reaction score
I have a set of 4 of those same jack stands. They work well and have performed great for last 6 months since I got them.
This is a debatable and fluid statement I'm about to make but: They're the best bang for your buck jack stands ever made for retail sale

I've not examined any High high end jack stands in my life but after a thorough examining of these, I can't see too many ways they could be made better than these things are

HAHAAHa I didn't remember saying the debatable and fluid part of that post. At least I'm finally learning to CYA or CMA.
Thought of this exchange we had when I saw this companies stands last night. Not sure what happened to their two legged stands though, the Renn Stand?? They're no longer available on their website. Safety issues maybe? They look pretty innovative but I would have to think it would be hard for anything with two legs to be more stable than something with four

The stand they have available on their site now (bottom pic) looks like it would be real nice for use on softer surfaces and would neatly tuck away under a seat between deployments.

I love finding small companies that use good ol American ingenuity to make useful stuff, that works like it supposed to

315b43b7e3557f29f6f5d7c645c8fdbe.jpg

Fullscreen_capture_2182015_85008_AM.bmp_grande.jpg

Reaction score
HAHAAHa I didn't remember saying the debatable and fluid part of that post. At least I'm finally learning to CYA or CMA.
Thought of this exchange we had when I saw this companies stands last night. Not sure what happened to their two legged stands though, the Renn Stand?? They're no longer available on their website. Safety issues maybe? They look pretty innovative but I would have to think it would be hard for anything with two legs to be more stable than something with four

The stand they have available on their site now (bottom pic) looks like it would be real nice for use on softer surfaces and would neatly tuck away under a seat between deployments.

I love finding small companies that use good ol American ingenuity to make useful stuff, that works like it supposed to

View attachment 392449

View attachment 392450

That looks like the asphalt tamper I have

Screenshot_20230219-104501_Google.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 3 ton stands by Hein Werner from Amazon last night. I had a bunch of money/points saved up at Amazon and got them free shipped for around $25. I have been working on some smaller vehicles lately and needed a couple of smaller stands. That I could find, these are the only ones still made in the USA.

OP
OP
5StarCustmSolutns
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of 3 ton stands by Hein Werner from Amazon last night. I had a bunch of money/points saved up at Amazon and got them free shipped for around $25. I have been working on some smaller vehicles lately and needed a couple of smaller stands. That I could find, these are the only ones still made in the USA.
I LIKE THOSE! Those are my colors.. There's still a few American Made out there but I don't think Jeffazon will sell them.. Two weeks ago I finally talked my lady into not renewing out prime! Took 5yrs but I finally got through to her lol.

Pretty sure that Safe Jack is made in Washington..

A couple years ago I was looking for one of those hiking staff/survival shovel kits on his website and, when checking reviews, most had a few hundred, but there was one called Rhino USA that had like 5500 reviews. Based on the name I assumed it was American Made. Then in the fine print it said company was in Cali and shovel kit was imported. Kinda misleading if you ask me....and disappointing but it showed the HUGE desire to buy American

While looking at jacks/jack stands earlier I found this thing. Never seen this before but I'm definitely getting one of these, esp if there's one MADE IN USA. Uses exhaust to inflate. Lifts up to 8800lb 31.5" genius

72x10-4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos