Rear Axle Brake Tubing Anchor Clips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The metal brackets securing my rear axle crossover brake tubing have seen better days with winter chemicals taking their toll.
The brackets each have one bolt to the axle housing and seem to have wrapped around the brake tubing.
I am having some difficulty finding the part number for the anchor clips.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and find the pictorial schematic for that area, probably under the brakes section, and find the brackets.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The metal brackets securing my rear axle crossover brake tubing have seen better days with winter chemicals taking their toll.
The brackets each have one bolt to the axle housing and seem to have wrapped around the brake tubing.
I am having some difficulty finding the part number for the anchor clips.
Have a pic? My brain is having a hard time picturing it.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a pic? My brain is having a hard time picturing it.
Basically only rust left so nothing to photograph. They were doubled up light gage metal straps with a bolt hole and bolt into the axle housing at the anchor end and an open U at the brake tubing end that clinches the tubing.

There are aftermarket "brake line clips" but the oem ones do not wrap the tubing but rather are an open U that grips the tubing and oem ones have a greater reach so the aftermarket versions are too short.

Aftermarket example:

61Dg-QfJF6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically only rust left so nothing to photograph. They were doubled up light gage metal straps with a bolt hole and bolt into the axle housing at the anchor end and an open U at the brake tubing end that clinches the tubing.

There are aftermarket "brake line clips" but the oem ones do not wrap the tubing but rather are an open U that grips the tubing and oem ones have a greater reach so the aftermarket versions are too short.

Aftermarket example:

View attachment 396266
20763162 and I also have these plastic ones 15234822.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Best tool ever.

I had one for over a year and had no clue what it was.

I love this thing.
I have my transmission cooler lines attatched to the engine and frame using this.
Search stainless aircraft safety wire on amazon, tons of different thicknesses.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best tool ever.

I had one for over a year and had no clue what it was.

I love this thing.
I have my transmission cooler lines attatched to the engine and frame using this.
Search stainless aircraft safety wire on amazon, tons of different thicknesses.
I'd be afraid that the wire might cut into the brake tubing in time due to movement.

OP
OP
EddieC

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20763162 and I also have these plastic ones 15234822.
Thanks for the numbers.
The metal one might be the item but finding a good picture is hard. Maybe a local dealer might have them to look at.
The plastic one is definitely not what I had based on pictures found.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9