Rear air not cold. Front air is.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast_jason

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I got in my Tahoe the other day and turned the rear air on to cool my little guy off. I looked back after a few minutes and he was still sweating. I reached up to adjust the vent to blow on him more and noticed it was warm air. I quickly checked the controls to make sure I didn't have it on heat. The front a/c works great. Any reason the rear air is blowing warm?

Thanks in advance!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other culprit is the expansion valve getting plugged. Ie. trip to a mechanic for a system drain. New valve. Then a recharge. I tested the electronics first. When that failed it left one possibility. Expansion valve. Luckily the part is cheap. Just takes a while to replace.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I replaced the actuator, which was fairly easy, but it did exactly nothing to fix the problem. I'm broke and have other mechanical issues to deal with first, so I haven't had a shop look into it yet.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue as well. I did the actuator, but it looks to be the expansion valve.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I replaced the actuator, which was fairly easy, but it did exactly nothing to fix the problem. I'm broke and have other mechanical issues to deal with first, so I haven't had a shop look into it yet.

Did you replace the control module as well? It prevents it (supposedly) from happening again. See my post above with the link for part numbers.

Reaction score
I can't say this will work for anyone else as I am fairly convinced this was a coincidence....BUT, I was having the reverse issue (back cold, front hot) I plugged in my scanner...did a code search, nothing came up, and the air started blowing cold again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st