Rear air bag brackets (need pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robv27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
those are RE7's but if I had to do it again I would go RE6

Why exsactly Adam? doesn't the RE7,s go higher and lower than RE6's and they handle more weight?? just trying to learn more cause i'll be bagging mine very soon. Thanks

ItsAdam1

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
Here is my experience, If you want to ride it low then you will get alot of sway. B/c the 7" bags wont have enough air pressure in them to get them at a nice stiffness for a good ride. So if u install 6" bags they are much shorter and will take more pressure to get to ride height which will eliminate the swaying that I had.

robv27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is my experience, If you want to ride it low then you will get alot of sway. B/c the 7" bags wont have enough air pressure in them to get them at a nice stiffness for a good ride. So if u install 6" bags they are much shorter and will take more pressure to get to ride height which will eliminate the swaying that I had.

Got it! Makes total sense!! maybe i'll go w/ the 6" bags to avoid that! Now just to be sure, we are talking 6" wide bags right (in diameter)? and not 6" tall or short

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score

this does not make much sense. the bag should have no effect on lateral movement. only vertical.

fatnlowtahoe504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this does not make much sense. the bag should have no effect on lateral movement. only vertical.

it has more lateral movement with less air in the bags because its not as stiff as it would with air in it and has less support on each side, its like the difference between riding with a sway bar and riding without one, less support with less air...

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
it has more lateral movement with less air in the bags because its not as stiff as it would with air in it and has less support on each side, its like the difference between riding with a sway bar and riding without one, less support with less air...

not true at all... if the suspension is designed properly all lateral movement is handle by whatever locating device you choose. more than likely the sway you are feeling is sloppy factory panhard bar bushings.

ItsAdam1

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
Nope not true... these bags have different spring rates at different pressures. If you want to ride it low in the back then u will have only about 20-30 psi which isn't enough to support our heavy SUV's thus equaling more side to side swaying at low pressures. If you add more pressure (higher ride height) the swaying is gone.

Kris Robinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are a few different types of brackets you can get, but you're mainly looking for bag cups. Attached is the picture of the ones that I got from CoolCars. They are a pretty simple install, and you can cut them down/modify them if you want some more drop. The top bracket mounts by the threaded stud that you put through the top spring mount by drilling a hole and then attaching a washer and lock nut to hold it down. They won't get you super low... but will do the job if your looking for something simple.

View attachment 97429

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos