Rear AC works / front does not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I HATE the refrigerant with stop leak in them. Rumor is it can gunk up everything especially the orifice tube... but the thought had cross my mind to it anyways haha. It's not leaked out yet since my last refill. Hopefully it holds, I just went around double checking all bolts I could access were snugged up. Hopefully that's all it needed.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally found my pesky leak! It was the last place I suspected. In my Rear Evap. I would have never known if I hadn't also removed the tape from the TXV valve. Once I did that I could see the dye slowly boiling out of the suction side / outlet.

My front evap looks squeaky clean. I'd have ordered a new one along with the rear but being that it's such a PITA to remove I'll leave it be for now.

I ordered rear evap, all new seals, orific tube, compressor, condenser, dryer, and rear expansion valve; basically a kit. Hopefully does the trick!

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A note to those of you using this thread. Don't buy a GPD condenser. I ordered a GPD brand rebuild / compressor kit from RockAuto. A GPD condenser. Complete garbage. I won't be using it. Just wasted my money as they won't pay return shipping. The thing is so poorly made it won't even mount up to the vehicle. Not to mention I'm on my second one from them and they don't survived the mail. They're all bent up when you get them.

Core support mount
20220630_202655.jpg

Connection to AC. The fitting is also rotated / out of alignment on both of the ones I received.
20220623_222724.jpg

Bocaguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. I recently put a new ac compressor on my yukon xl, and changed everything. Dryer, compressor, orfice tube, expansion valve, and freon.
Here is the question, When I have the rear ac on as well as the front ac on, the rear is blowing super cold, and the front is just cool. If I turn off the Rear
AC, the fornt starts to blow really cold, or much colder that when the rear is on. If I turn off the rear ac, the same result of the front getting much colder happens.
The system called for 3 lbs, and that is exactly what was put it. To me it sound like it is low on freon but I don't want to put more in if that is not the issue.
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972