Rear A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why am i only getting luke warm air and not cold air? or it just takes longer to cool off? (only turned it on for a moment ) it's going to get in the triple digits in 2 days i want to have mini fridge on wheels

The front is ICE cold 33°F @ 90F outside temp

100% electrical A/C unit version uses the digital control panel in the rear it's set to 60F

I did get it working messing with the setting a little bit has cold in the rear now to make it a ice box

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it working after messing with the settings more

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it working after messing with the settings more
@BG1988 What did you do to get it to work? I have the same deal, AC in front and in rear with the electrical temp controlled climate control and I just realized my kids are getting blasted with warm air while I'm chilling up front, would love to know where to start to fix this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BG1988 What did you do to get it to work? I have the same deal, AC in front and in rear with the electrical temp controlled climate control and I just realized my kids are getting blasted with warm air while I'm chilling up front, would love to know where to start to fix this.
on the 07-14's the rear ac control (on the back of the center console) is what controls the rear temp, you can turn it on/off from the front ac control but the rear panel controls the temp and up/down etc.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the 07-14's the rear ac control (on the back of the center console) is what controls the rear temp, you can turn it on/off from the front ac control but the rear panel controls the temp and up/down etc.
@Doubeleive When I get in it today I will make sure to set it as low as it will go. If I verify the settings and it is still blowing warm where should I start to troubleshoot this? I know where the AC lines run under the rear of the truck, if I feel them what results should I encounter and how should I proceed?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive When I get in it today I will make sure to set it as low as it will go. If I verify the settings and it is still blowing warm where should I start to troubleshoot this? I know where the AC lines run under the rear of the truck, if I feel them what results should I encounter and how should I proceed?
well if the lines in the back passenger side just inside under the bumper feel cold (remember both heater and ac lines enter there, so 2 will be hot and 2 should be cold) then you might have a stuck rear actuator (most common reason), you would need to pull the rear trim pieces out and then you could access the passenger rear kick panel where all the controls are. there are 2 rear actuators one blends hot/cold and the other sends air up to the roof vents or down to the floor vents. I believe the one closest to the blower motor is the blend actuator, you can visually watch it while someone adjust's the ac control hot/'cold, the actuator has a little round part in the center with a notch in it, you should see it move there are 3 corresponding marks on the actuator plastic the actuator should be able to move to all 3 positions, if it doesn't move then its probably failed. BUT be sure to check the operation of both actuators because there is also a rear module that controls both the rear actuators if that has failed then neither actuator may be working. if you see it move then go back to hot again on it's own then you may have other issue's but check the other stuff first. if you have a tech2 or access to one it can help you troubleshoot, here is picture of the notch and 3 marks and the part number for the blend actuator the dealer will **** you for it about $125 but there are aftermarket ones out there.

ACT.jpg act1.jpg

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if the lines in the back passenger side just inside under the bumper feel cold (remember both heater and ac lines enter there, so 2 will be hot and 2 should be cold) then you might have a stuck rear actuator (most common reason), you would need to pull the rear trim pieces out and then you could access the passenger rear kick panel where all the controls are. there are 2 rear actuators one blends hot/cold and the other sends air up to the roof vents or down to the floor vents. I believe the one closest to the blower motor is the blend actuator, you can visually watch it while someone adjust's the ac control hot/'cold, the actuator has a little round part in the center with a notch in it, you should see it move there are 3 corresponding marks on the actuator plastic the actuator should be able to move to all 3 positions, if it doesn't move then its probably failed. BUT be sure to check the operation of both actuators because there is also a rear module that controls both the rear actuators if that has failed then neither actuator may be working. if you see it move then go back to hot again on it's own then you may have other issue's but check the other stuff first. if you have a tech2 or access to one it can help you troubleshoot, here is picture of the notch and 3 marks and the part number for the blend actuator the dealer will **** you for it about $125 but there are aftermarket ones out there.

View attachment 248654 View attachment 248655
@Doubeleive While my truck was running and the rear AC was set to the coldest setting I reached up and grabbed all of the lines and none of them left cold.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a tech2 or access to one it can help you troubleshoot, here is picture of the notch and 3 marks and the part number for the blend actuator the dealer will **** you for it about $125 but there are aftermarket ones out there.

View attachment 248654 View attachment 248655
rock auto has it for 79$ but if you hate your kids get the 15$ one

I don't think the actuator was stuck (cite the fact there is no weird noises) it just did not "learn from a previous battery disconnect" when i swapped the MAF and MAP sensors i disconnected the battery..

#1 press the snowflake and recirculate button for about 10 seconds that should reset it
or

#2 disconnecting the battery.. for 5min

you will have to reset the time and date forsure

it was really COLD :eek: my eyes were watering.. I had both units going... i only got 15.8MPG (city)with both going
ouch, but it was worth it though as it was 95F outside
it's going to be 100 tomorrow

it was mostly in V8 mode SO i just shifted it in to M4.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros