Rear A/C blows room temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok... First off im sorry if this is the wrong section for this.....so I have a 2004 tahoe lt with dual climate controls. My front a/c and heat work terrific. My rear a/c blows room temp and the heat works. When I first got the truck 2 years ago I didn't think the heat worked so I took off the blend door actuator I just recently got it replaced and it didn't fix my problem so I took it back off and used my hand to turn the blend door. Thays when I noticed the heat works great but the ac blows warm to room temp. I'm not an experpery nor do I know much about ac and heat on vehicles(just enough to get my by on the basics). Would anyone know where I can turn to next to look into?
before you go all neck deep in all this do a simple functional test, turn on the vehicle and let idle about 10 minutes with the ac on full speed. doesn't matter what the vents are on front or rear
after it has been running go to the rear passenger corner of the vehicle lay down under it and look up
you will see 4 lines going up into the rear hvac unit thru the body. reach up and feel the lines.
2 should be hot or fairly warm (the larger rubber lines)
2 should be cold or fairly cold (the thinner aluminum ac lines)
if they do not each feel pretty equal then there may be issue's other than a blend door or actuator
simple laymans test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel