Really scary situation yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I defly locked my keys in the truck before and had to use the app to unlock. It knew the keys were in there cause it beeped 3x’s.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
This happened to my dad a few months ago, He has a 2019 Duramax Denali. He turned the Truck off, threw his keys in the center console and then hoped out, as soon as he closed the door the truck auto locked. I had to call Onstar and have them unlock it for him. They didn't know why it happened or how, but it hasn't happened sense.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to my dad a few months ago, He has a 2019 Duramax Denali. He turned the Truck off, threw his keys in the center console and then hoped out, as soon as he closed the door the truck auto locked. I had to call Onstar and have them unlock it for him. They didn't know why it happened or how, but it hasn't happened sense.

Ah, brings back fond memories of the days before cellular and the Internet (and no power door locks). As a teenager, I had my parent’s car at the shopping center. I had leaned in to pull something out of the back of the car and accidentally dropped the keys as I was closing the rear door. As I had already pushed the lock plunger down, the car was locked. I had some explaining to do after my Dad showed up having driven 25 miles to bring another set of keys.

We are lucky to have On Star and other telematics services today.

06 Yukon XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the app for your phone. Unlocks vehicle and starts it also. No Onstar required on 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... so i auto started my 2018 Tahoe Lt because in Texas it’s 100 degrees. Opened the door, put my 3 year old in the her car seat and shut the door. Unbeknownst to me, my keys fell out of my pocket on to the seat. All of a sudden, all of the doors are locked. Freaking out i call a locksmith. Didn’t have onstar activated so thought i was out of luck. CAR THEN SHUTS OFF AFTER 10 min. Probably standard. I call onstar and they help me out due to emergency. BUT HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN WITH MY KEYS IN THE CAR?? should i take it in and ask? Thanks for any help. Never been more scared in my life. My daughter was trapped for 20 min and was really hot but checked out ok. Almost bashed out a window but i thought locksmith would be there quick. Thanks for any advice.

get a spare key ASAP

Also the Glass you want to break is the driver side rear quarter glass... For future reference...

breaking the front windows or passenger windows Glass could cause additional damage to the power windows system or lift components..

Also Next time Call emergency services not a lock smith they will be able to get onstar to open the doors right away...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep