RCD Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2001 Suburban with a 6" RCD lift and what appear to be Bilstein 5100s. This is my first look at lifted 4wd trucks. How do these kits ride (generally speaking) vs a leveled truck. The wheel and tire combo is a 16" wheel with nearly new 315/70/R16 Goodyear Duratracs. I expect it to be a little harsher but I'm hoping not stagecoach stiff. Any feedback is appreciated. TIA

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with RCD but if it is a true 6" lift and not like the old Rough Country 4.5" drop with 1.5" torsion key indexing, it will ride fantastic.

When my 2002 Tahoe only had the 6" Rough Country lift, it rode amazing. I had several people tell me it was the smoothest driving lifted truck they ever drove. You will obviously experience a little more body roll regardless of the lift but the brand of tires make or break the quality of the ride in my truck. Cheap tires with soft sidewalls ride like crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne