RC 2” Level Require Wheel Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Hey All,

I’m looking to do a 2” level to my Yukon XL 4WD. I was going to go with Rough Country, but they say you need a 0.25” wheel spacer to use factory alloy wheels. I chatted with a rep who confirms this - says it’s to clear the upper control arm.

I’ve never heard anyone reference this before. Anyone have experience with the RC 2” level and factory alloy wheels?

How about SuspensionMaxx? I might just go with their adjustable kit instead if it’s an issue. Seems silly to run a 1/4” spacer on a tire that is equal in width to stock.

Best regards,

shay howell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have to inch level (not sure brand but I think rc) but I’m running 285/60/20 on stock rim. It does hit arm but only at absolute fool turn . The dealer drove me around and demonstrated but honestly since I have been driving normal I haven’t had to turn hard enough for it to rub

430DEF73-1052-4239-BE3E-7ACAE3D63F54.jpeg 3E94EA58-30BB-441E-8901-C02E6EC9B174.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in.

285 makes sense to me, but I turned to full lock today and can’t fathom how the wheel (or tire) can rub the UCA with a 265-series tire. Perhaps under articulation it’s another story?

Feels like I see a lot of reference to leveling kits and few references to wheel spacers, so I thought it worth asking before I go for it.

1/4” spacer isn’t a big deal, but I’d think it would eliminate my hub-centric connection.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in.

285 makes sense to me, but I turned to full lock today and can’t fathom how the wheel (or tire) can rub the UCA with a 265-series tire. Perhaps under articulation it’s another story?

Feels like I see a lot of reference to leveling kits and few references to wheel spacers, so I thought it worth asking before I go for it.

1/4” spacer isn’t a big deal, but I’d think it would eliminate my hub-centric connection.

You definitely need to use a hub centric spacer, but at anything less than 1 1/2, you're going to be trimming the studs.

mpthompson84

Reaction score
I feel like I've read every leveling kit thread on this board and this news to me as well. Is that only needed with larger tires on stock wheels or will I need a spacer for my stock 275/55/20s?

Getting my leveling kit on next week and it will be a few weeks at least until I upgrade my wheels. So confused...

Tahoe_Rx

Reaction score
It seems to depend more on tire width and wheel offset than presence of a leveling kit. I think you will be fine without the spacer running a 265 wide tire. I am running 275/70r18s on my stock wheels with a 2” level and because of the extra tire width and offset of the stock wheel, I have very minor rubbing at full lock that the shop demonstrates to me. They said spacers would eliminate the rubbing but they didn’t feel it was necessary or recommended. Since driving under normal conditions I have never had rubbing again other than when the shop intentionally demonstrated it to me.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your thinking is all incorrect, IT IS all about the angle of the arm...when leveling the arm angle increases...thus when turning the barrel of the wheel becomes closer to the arm.

where as at a stock height, the barrel of the wheel swallows the arm....generally why most list wheel sizes and offset differences...typically a larger diameter wheel clears with higher backspacing...the barrel is larger.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but I want to do the same thing......2" level on my 2019 Sub with magride and autolevel.
The front of my sub looks so dumped.

I have OEM 22" wheels. Do you think those would clear at full lock?

And rough country says the 2" level kit will NOT Magneride models.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 17 with a stock 22" wheel, i have some pics with the front raised to the height i wish (2.5") ... the wheels clear the arms just fine

20210131_164421.jpg
the leading edge of this pic is the driver front edge of tire, you can see a slight gap to the arm...tire size and style of sidewall is what will get the rub

also note, currently under the reverse full lock turn scenario...my tires rub slighty, i just noticed it doing this but have not looked into where exactly. it sounds like a fender liner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons