Rattling coming from passenger rear of 2017 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reis0056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2017 Yukon SLT and there is a rattling coming from the rear I can't seem to find and its driving me nuts. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger rear lower quarter trim but I can't figure out how to remove it and see. I have read that the power seats can rattle as well but have tried all configurations and had no success. Can anyone tell me how to remove that panel that covers up the rear A/C. Anyone else have this problem? I can't find a video of anyone removing that panel yet. Thanks

James

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe check that you don't have a broken tail pipe hanger?, loose tail light housing?
and to take that cover off you have to start at the rear top and bottom covers pull those off first then you can get into the longer panels on the side. check youtube for more details

OP
OP
R

reis0056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
maybe check that you don't have a broken tail pipe hanger?, loose tail light housing?
and to take that cover off you have to start at the rear top and bottom covers pull those off first then you can get into the longer panels on the side. check youtube for more details

Thanks for the response, after having my wife drive me around the rattling is definitely coming from the trim over the rear heater. If I put a little pressure on it the sound goes away. Now only problem is removing that panel without damaging anything. I have looked at youtube for videos on this but can't find anything.... Do you need special tools to remove this rather large lower quarter trim? Anyone have any pictures or a more detailed explanation of how to remove it? Thanks again!

James

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, after having my wife drive me around the rattling is definitely coming from the trim over the rear heater. If I put a little pressure on it the sound goes away. Now only problem is removing that panel without damaging anything. I have looked at youtube for videos on this but can't find anything.... Do you need special tools to remove this rather large lower quarter trim? Anyone have any pictures or a more detailed explanation of how to remove it? Thanks again!

James
you can swing by any auto parts supply and buy a plastic trim tool, looks kind of like a spackle tool but is made of plastic so it wont damage anything, just go easy pry up a little and look for the clips with a flashlight if you cant see them and then pry near the clip and you should be fine, if it seems like your using to much pressure you probably are that's about the only tip I can give you, once you have the top one and bottom one off you will see how it all fits together.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also spray a little silicone spray and see if it goes away, then you don't have to remove anything. Did this on my early build 2015 around the console area and was able to make them go away as I had several.

OP
OP
R

reis0056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2017 Yukon SLT and there is a rattling coming from the rear I can't seem to find and its driving me nuts. It sounds like it is coming from the passenger rear lower quarter trim but I can't figure out how to remove it and see. I have read that the power seats can rattle as well but have tried all configurations and had no success. Can anyone tell me how to remove that panel that covers up the rear A/C. Anyone else have this problem? I can't find a video of anyone removing that panel yet. Thanks

James

Thanks for the responses! Ill let you know what I find.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also spray a little silicone spray and see if it goes away, then you don't have to remove anything. Did this on my early build 2015 around the console area and was able to make them go away as I had several.

I bought some silicone spray, but it comes out in a hell of a stream. Do you just spray on the parts and wipe away the excess? I am scared to spray it around the electronics

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't hurt the electronics but yes just spray and wipe off the access.

OP
OP
R

reis0056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

James

So it turned out to be the lower quarter trim panel vibrating against the window. Fixed it with some double sided tape.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are still causing issues even on the 2017 models. Thought they would of had a fix considering how many they replaced on the 15s including mine. Glad you got it figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2