Rattle/rubbing sound from driver door/Lower dash area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to describe exactly. Kind of a rubbing, rattle, creaky kind of sound. Sounds like it's coming from in between the door and then dash. Maybe lower dash (near brake area).

Anyone experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strickland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you referring to where the leather seat meets the plastic on the left front side?

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you try checking the fuse panel area? Maybe the block is loose?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is a possibility. In another thread (on how to disable the infotainment display to keep it locked) I showed how that fuse block is only held in by two clips. It snaps onto them.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a good suggestion and I checked. It seems secure. It’s the door rubbing against the dash. Pretty sure.

Don’t really care any more there is now a cacophony of small rattles that drown each other out.

Off1c3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s a good suggestion and I checked. It seems secure. It’s the door rubbing against the dash. Pretty sure.

Don’t really care any more there is now a cacophony of small rattles that drown each other out.

Can you replicate it with your hands? Pushing, knocking, etc.?

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vibration in my Denali same place. Music, even when not very loud, and other conditions, cause it. If u put solid pressure on the door panel under the door handle/lock area, as close to the dash as you can, it stops (on mine). Pulling my door panels off for a diff project when the weather breaks so I plan to address it then.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the pressure point. Figure I'd take advantage of my time sitting in this Chick Fila line. a329a54cc99953c26704d1dc2bc39ef8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

October

Reaction score
I am having the same rattling/creaking/rubbing sound at the area described in this thread on my 2017 Escalade. I took apart door seal/weatherstip as well as A pillar assembly to no avail. I'm wondering if the side pillar airbag is the source. The noise is driving me crazy. Any more ideas or solution???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu