Rattle noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tanya Harlow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a rattle noise on front right passenger side. If I hit a bump it sounds like a janitors key ring. What causes that?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Probably bad bushings on the sway bar end link.

Awfiretto

Reaction score
Check your plastic underbody/wheel pieces.

I recently tightened the front bumper and plastic weather guard pieces and the truck rides much quieter now.

The front bumper was missing the bottom bolts and the side mounts to the quarter panel were lose. Then the whole piece of plastic in the wheel well would rattle when in touched it. I ended up using some foam double sided tape to prevent the rattle.

And easy way to test is just tap with your fingers on the wheel well plastic and see how loud it is and if it taps at all.

Hope this helps! Let us know what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have a jack then jack up the right front wheel and check if it has any play at 12 & 6 there should be none, 3 & 9 will have a little play normally but it shouldn't excessive, you might even pull the wheel off and take a look at your brakes and see if it is a loose brake pad clip, then take at look at your shock and tie rod ends/bushings as mentioned above

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tin-y sounds can sometimes be a heat sheild
I think bushings would be a bit more knocking or clunking.

See if you can get someone to stand on the running board or just inside the passenger door and start rocking the vehicle..
then poke your head around til you hear something

RoosterTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this exact issue for several years, same spot that the original poster has it. I replaced a bunch of front suspension parts and it didn't help. Try this - if you know of a place where it always makes the sound as you drive over, try driving over that exact spot with your foot slightly pressing on the brake. If the noise doesn't happen, its the brakes. My pads weren't completely worn down, but evidently they had enough play that they would jangle over every little bump. I replaced the pads, haven't heard the noise again.